Welcome to the January 2023 difficulty of the Newest Information in Monetary #AdvisorTech – the place we have a look at the large information, bulletins, and underlying tendencies and developments which might be rising on this planet of know-how options for monetary advisors!
This month’s version kicks off with the information that Envestnet has determined to enter the RIA custodial enterprise by a partnership with Australian financial institution FNZ to white-label what was as soon as the State Avenue RIA custodial platform of a few years in the past – offering Envestnet a chance to much more deeply combine its front-end advisor platform to the back-end of custody for a extra seamless end-to-end expertise (and, probably, a extra aggressive bundled pricing association for a unified technology-plus-custody providing).
Notably, although, with a lot of Envestnet’s present base of advisors within the unbiased broker-dealer channel, it appears much less possible that the corporate can be competing with the ‘conventional’ RIA custodians of Schwab and Constancy for unbiased RIAs and wirehouse breakaways, and extra in opposition to the likes of LPL and Pershing for broker-dealers which might be including and increasing RIA choices to their more and more hybrid platforms (and would possibly welcome the chance to save lots of on Envestnet’s software program prices by adopting its RIA custodial platform sooner or later?). Which positions Envestnet nicely to develop with a novel section of ‘rising’ RIAs… whereas offering comparatively little aggressive stress to the prevailing RIA custodial ecosystem.
From there, the newest highlights additionally characteristic quite a lot of different attention-grabbing advisor know-how bulletins, together with:
- Docupace launches an ‘RIA Productiveness Toolkit’ because it more and more expands past its doc administration roots in a bid to turn into extra of the back-office workflow engine of small-to-mid-sized advisor enterprises
- Raymond James launches ‘Alternatives’ as the newest competitor to facilitate ‘Subsequent Greatest Dialog’ insights to assist their advisors interact with the correct shoppers on the proper time for probably the most significant conversations
- FMG companions with Catchlight to combine its advertising and marketing insights in regards to the prospects on an advisor’s e-mail checklist to raised goal content material that may flip them into shoppers
Learn the evaluation about these bulletins on this month’s column, and a dialogue of extra tendencies in advisor know-how, together with:
- AdvisorFinder launches a brand new expertise-based lead era portal that matches prospects based mostly not on their zip code or advisor compensation preferences, however on the advisor’s specialization or typical (i.e., area of interest) clientele
- Trendy Life raises $15M and rolls out a digitally-based life insurance coverage brokerage answer for advisors who need to proceed to supply life, incapacity, and long-term care insurance coverage however with a extra ‘fashionable’ know-how platform to facilitate functions, underwriting, and in-service help
Within the meantime, we’re excited to announce a number of new updates to our new Kitces AdvisorTech Listing, together with Advisor Satisfaction scores from our Kitces AdvisorTech Analysis, and the inclusion of WealthTech Integration scores from the Ezra Group!
And make certain to learn to the tip, the place we now have supplied an replace to our standard “Monetary AdvisorTech Options Map” as nicely!
*And for #AdvisorTech corporations who need to submit their tech bulletins for consideration in future points, please undergo [email protected]!